Friday, January 18, 2008

Second Blog Update

Well, I have learned that this blog is especially to be about technology and how we deal with it. I was praising the fact that my library was automated which means that we are fairly up with our technology as most library's as small as ours aren't automated. This automation really helped with that annual report but the numbers still had to have work done to them since we are still in the process of making full use of the system.

What I have learned is that no matter what kind of technology you have working for you, human error still come into play. When my board president looked over the numbers, he found that somehow I had picked up totally wrong ones for the Library's Capital Projects Plan. Even I can't come up with where I got the numbers I had put down in that area. I am glad that he looked it over. There is also the case of my first blog. I have found sentences that didn't come out as I wanted and some misspellings. Thanks to the Sauers' book we are reading in class, I found out that you can download an add-in to Word that will allow you to type the blog into Word and then when you are ready transfer it. I think that is great since I am so used to working in Word and having it help with my spelling and grammar, especially when my brain goes faster than my brain. I also found out in class from a fellow student that cut and paste works to so hopefully those human errors will be minimized.

1 comment:

Mary Alice Ball said...

Great posts, Celia. I agree with Helen about your time management skills. As to the report numbers, I have some form of number dyslexia and am regularly reversing numbers. I have to be very careful.