Friday, January 25, 2008

Annual Report Update 2

I said on a previous blog that I had electronically sent my annual report. Well, I guess that was exactly accurate. What happened is I tried to send the report by clicking the submit button-the report then disappeared. I never received a confirmation that it was submitted but I was no longer able to get to the report. I emailed the State Library and asked if they received it and they said yes. This past Thursday, I got a call from Edythe Huffman at the State Library and she said she had my supplement and the signature page but she couldn't get to the annual report. I told her that the last time I had tried I was blocked from getting to the report and she said that her records show that I should be able to get to it. I tried again and sure enough I could get to the report. I have now resent it and this time I did get a confirmation. Maybe now the annual report really is done. This show a good reason as to why it is a good idea not to wait till the last minute to submit these reports so you have time to fix any glitches that may occur and still have the reports arrive on time. Now it is time to work on the State Board of Accounts LAR-1 report. This is their version of an annual report but this one deals strictly with finances-money coming in and money going out for the year. Can't Wait!!!!

1 comment:

Alice said...

Celia,

Does the disappearance of the Annual Report qualify as a glitch?

It seems like you stayed pretty calm about it.

Sometimes with techno snags I can be quite positive about it all working out... Just sometimes.... other times I get quite frantic. As with emergency situations, staying calm really does serve better for dealing with whatever the issue is.